- See the finest monuments of historic Lycia, find sunken cities and uncover the origins of Santa Claus on this enthralling tour.
- Travel to one of the most beautiful parts of Anatolia to visit the ruined city of Myra with its impressive Lycian rock-cut tombs. View the ancient amphitheater, and the Church of St Nicholas, dedicated to the saintly man who became the model for father Christmas.
- Enjoy a boat trip across the sea to Kekova Island. Beneath the clear waters you can see the remains of Simena, a city ravaged by earthquakes around two thousand years ago.
- Swim in the turquoise waters, once a favored haunt of pirates, before exploring an ancient cemetery with many magnificent tombs.
- It's a day full of great natural beauty and fascinating history.
- An hour from Dalyangazi by sea, especialy by sea especialy enjoyable for the yacht-men, is the islands of Kekova (home of the sun). Kekova is also the name of picturesque islands, numerous bays and anciend cities. Along the northern shore of Kekova island, structural movements of the land over the years have caused some of the ancient houses to be totally submerged while remains of the others are scattered along the shore. A fascinating Lycian Necropolis chesttype tombs spread out along the costline lies at Theimussa near the present day.
- Some of the finest examples of Lycian funerary architecture are to be found at Myra, near the explanding present day town of Demre. The site, about a mile from the town includes a vast Roman theatre in good repair and build against a cliff face that olso houses too impressive sets of Lycian tombs. Many of the tombs have long cabin features carved into the rocks, presumably reflecting the domestic architecture of the period. Carvings above are mostly in poor repair but the overall effect to this jumple of the architecture of death is dramatic.
St. Nicholas Church:
- Best known as the patron saint of children, who was born at Patara araund AD. 300 and bishop of Myra where he died. The miracles he performed in life time and stories that surrounded him have identified today in the west with father christmas.
- Pick up transfer from the hotel at approx. 8:00am
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Myra (Kale)
- St. Nicholas Church
- Boat to Sunken City, Kekova, Theissuma, Simena Castle + swimming break
- Lunch included (drinks are extra
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned coach
- Return transfer to thehotel at approx. 18:00 pm